Speak to a Vacation Expert!
Our travel specialists are available to answer any questions and help find the perfect vacation for you.
Sandals unprecedented resort Butler Service, trained by The Guild of Professional English Butlers, and only available in the very highest level of suites, provides guests with an unimaginably supreme standard of service and luxury, where your every need is anticipated and also includes Club Sandals Concierge.
Club Sandals Concierge
offers additional arrival & personalized staff services, concierge lounge amenities, and other additional inclusions. Enjoy complimentary bar in your room restocked daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, and room service 7:30am-10pm (except Sandals Halcyon).
All Rooms & Suites
air conditioning, luxurious firnishings, solid mahogany king size bed, Egyptian cotton linens, refrigerator with soft drinks & bottle water. Hair dryer, telephone, iron & ironing board, bath & shower, digital in-room safe, Bellman service, clock radio, flat-screened LED TV with cable, and coffee maker with Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
Sandals Emerald Bay
Sandals Emerald Bay is a private escape over 500-acre resort set along a one-mile stretch of white sand beach
on Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas. Previously a Four Seasons Resort, this resort offers a selection of
oceanfront luxury concierge accommodations, many with butler service, and with options that include beachfront
villas. Unique to the Great Exuma property is the stunning oceanfront 18-hole Greg Norman-designed championship golf course reputed to be among the best in the Caribbean.
In addition, the property includes the 17-acre Emerald Bay Marina by Sandals, the first-ever marina for any
Sandals Resort allowing guests to arrive directly by sea.
Sandals Emerald Bay (Official Website)
Location - Sandals Emerald Bay is located Great Exuma Bahamas. All flights arrive through Exuma Intl Airport (GGT) in Georgetown which is approx 10 minutes from the resort.
Atmosphere - Very quiet and relaxed luxury resort merged with the easy going feel of a Bahamian "Out Island", the resort offers peaceful romantic getaways. With its large spa and golf course, the resort has somewhat of a country club type atmosphere. The large beach, dunes, and associated foliage have characteristics of an east coast USA style beach. The beach also has a more active surf compared to most other Sandals resorts. The combination of the marina, golf course, east coast type beach, and Floridian architecture will often promote a sense of a quiet Florida beach destination.
Layout & Design - 183 rooms & suites in seven 3-story buildings and a series of beachfront villas. Spread over 500 acres, the resort features the 18-hole Emerald Reef Golf Club, 150 slip deep water marina, and the largest Red Lane Spa among the Sandals Resorts, 1-mile beach stretch, and large pools. The resort area is flat with very minimal step climbing. Buildings designed with Floridian acrhitectural influences.
Sandals Emerald Bay features seven restaurants and dining options. All restaurants are non-smoking. Room Service included for Butler Service Suites (24-hour) and Club Level suites (7:30am-10pm).
- Bahama Bay (International) Sample Menu - Primary restaurant serving all meals with variety of dinner specialties and themes. Breakfast buffet 7-10am, Sunday brunch 7am-3pm, lunch buffet 12:30-2:30pm, dinner buffet 6:30-9:30pm, resort casual setting, no reservations required.
- Il Cielo (Italian) Sample Menu - Elegant a la carte setting overlooking the gardens. Dinner requires reservations and evening resort attire, 6-9:30pm. Breakfast a la carte 8-11am.
- Barefoot by the Sea (Seafood) Sample Menu - Popular a la carte restaurant brand found among several Sandals resorts. Enjoy local specialties in casual barefoot setting overlooking the sea. Lunch 12-3pm, Dinner 6:30-9:30pm, no reservations.
- La Parisienne (French) Sample Menu - Fine white glove service, enjoy finest French cuisine both indoor and outdoor setting. Dinner 6-9:30pm, reservations required, resort evening attire.
- Dino's Pizzeria (Pizza and pasta) - Casual outdoor setting overlooking Emerald Bay. Afternoon hours serves hand-tossed gourmet wood oven pizza 11am-5pm. Dinner hours enjoy pizza, pasta, and Italian fare 6-9:30pm, no reservations, resort casual.
- The Drunken Duck (British favorites) - Authentic Irish pub features drinks, snacks, and British fare theme. Also enjoy the connecting billiards room. Open 3pm-1:30am.
- Il Cielo - 3:30pm-11pm
- Bahama Bay - 11am-10pm
- Drunken Duck - 12pm-2am
- Barefoot - 12pm-10pm
- Swim-up - 10:30am-6:30pm
Parties & Entertainment:
- Manager's Cocktail Party - Monday 6-7pm
- White Night & Chocolate Buffet - Tuesday 7-9pm
- Casino Charity - Wednesday 8:30-10pm
- Sandals Select Dinner & Reggae Night - Thursday 6:30-10pm
- Junkanoo Beach Party - Friday 7-9pm
- Cabaret - Saturday 9-10pm
- Lover's Game Show - Sunday 9-10pm
In addition, daily afternoon tea party at Il Cielo. Daily entertainment including dance lessons, intro golf & tennis lessons, live music, talent shows & contests, jazz performances, pianists, and Appleton Reserve rum tasting classes.
3 pools with 1 swim-up bar, 4 whirlpools. 1-mile beach with optional private cabanas ($). Red Lane Spa featuring full array of services ($). Air-conditioned and fully equipped fitness center. Scuba dive & snorkeling boats and full range of water sports (no motorized sports due to reef protection). International scuba and resort certifications available at additional cost. 6 day/night tennis courts with sunken stadium court, 18-hole championship Greg Norman golf course ($), and other land activities available such as beach volleyball, shuffleboard, pool tables, and table tennis. Resort library contains historical information on the Bahamas and Great Exuma. Full schedule of activities & entertainment throughout the week. Gift shop located on property. ($) indicates additional cost.
The rooms/suites are luxury styled with casual elegant decor and furnishings based on British Colonial traditions. Rooms/Suites are either located in the thirteen beachfront villas or seven 3-story buildings which are set back further. All accommodations include Club Level or 24-hour Butler Service. All accommodations include complimentary WiFi, free calls to US & Canada, 24-hour room service, plush bathrobes & slippers, Red Lane Spa soaps & shampoos, electronic safe, flat-screen TV, and coffee brewer. All accommodations include private balcony or patio, king-size mahogany bed, marble-appointed bathroom with dual vanity sinks, glass-enclosed shower, and bathtub. All accommodations include fully stocked mini-bar replenished daily with bottled water, juices, soda, beer, and liquor bar setup (butler service includes premium brands).
Accommodation categories offer unique combination of the following attributes: location (villa or building), type of service (club level or butler), type of view (beachfront, ocean/beach, ocean, garden), type of unit (1BR suite, junior suite, room), floor (ground walkout, 2nd or 3rd floor balcony).
Handicap equipped rooms available in categories OJ & WOJ, see below.
Thirteen villas span along the ocean and beach shoreline providing some of the closest beachfront suites within the Sandals brand. The Royal Estate Villa is a unique villa dedicated to the top of the line Royal Estate 2-story Butler Suite with private pool. Three 1-floor villas include total of six 1BR suites. Nine 2-floor villas include a combination of suites and junior suites.
- Royal Estate Villa (photos & more
- Royal Estate 2-Story 1BR Beachfront Butler Suite with Pool (BSP) - Dedicated villa often used for wedding parties. The Suite features a private pool and courtyard overlooking the beach and ocean. First floor with living room and dining room. 2nd floor has bedroom, den, and 2 balconies. Butler service and beachfront views.
- Seagrapes, Antherium & Oleander Villas
All units with butler service, large balcony or walkout patio. All units with bathtub, separate shower, and marble counters. Units differ in size including 1BR units, oversized suites, suites, and junior suites.
- Prime Minister Honeymoon One Bedroom Beachfront Walkout Butler Villa Suite (PW1) - living room and separate bedroom, ground floor with walkout patio, bath and separate shower, beachfront views. 6 units available.
- Beachfront Oversized Walkout Butler Villa Suite (WBCS) - 750 sq ft suite, features 60" flat screen TV, walkout patio, beachfront views.
- Beachfront Oversized Butler Villa Suite (PBCS) - exact same as (WBCS) except upper floor with balcony.
- Beachfront Honeymoon Walkout Butler Villa Suite (BWV) - ground floor suite with patio, beachfront views.
- Beachfront Honeymoon Butler Villa Suite (PBV) - exact same as (BWV) except upper floor with balcony.
- Beachfront Walkout Butler Junior Villa Suite (WGB) - ground floor junior suite with patio, beachfront views.
- Beachfront Butler Junior Villa Suite (PGB) - exact same as (WGB) except upper floor with balcony.
Ocean & Emerald Bay Villages
Set further back on property behind the pool areas. Seven 3-story buildings (Bay Houses), all buildings have elevators and internal hallways and are set within two groups known as the Ocean and Emerald Bay Villages. The Ocean Village is closer to the main beach stretch with all units having at least an ocean view with many also having direct beach views. The Emerald Bay Village has a mixture beach, ocean, and gardenview units. Note that Bay Houses 4-7 are located in the quieter end of the resort (night entertainment such as live bands is usually around the Drunken Duck pub and adjacent outdoor stage area which is located in front of Bay Houses 1-3).
Ocean Village Buildings
- Building 1 - All concierge with mixture of rooms & suites. Closest building to main beach stretch and all units have ocean views with portion also having beach views.
- Building 2 - mixture of concierge rooms & 1BR butler suites and all units have beach/ocean views.
Emerald Bay Village Buildings
- Building 3 - mixture of concierge rooms & 1BR butler suites but with many units just having garden views.
- Building 4 - all concierge rooms & suites and all floors having mixture of gardenview and oceanview units.
- Building 5 - Mixture of 1BR ocean butler suites and oceanview or gardenview concierge rooms.
- Building 6 - All concierge rooms and suites. Mixture of garden and ocean view units.
- Building 7 - Furthest building away from the restaurants and main lobby areas. Primarily concierge rooms and suites with mixture of ocean and gardenview unite. Also has some 1BR oceanview butler 1BR suites on the 2nd floor.
- 1BR Suites - all units with bedroom and separate living room, butler service, balcony or walkout patio.
- Bay House Oceanview One Bedroom Walkout Butler Suite (W1BO) - ocean view, 1st floor walkout patio, bldgs 2, 3 & 5.
- Bay House Oceanview One Bedroom Butler Suite (1BO) - ocean view, 2nd or 3rd floor balcony, bldgs 2, 3 & 5.
- Bay House Honeymoon Oceanview One Bedroom Butler Suite (H1BO) - same as (1BO).
- Bay House One Bedroom Butler Suite (1B) - garden/pool views, 1st (walkout), 2nd or 3rd floor balcony, bldgs 3 & 5.
- Suites - junior suites larger than standard rooms, Club Level service, balcony or walkout patio.
- Bay House Oceanview Walkout Club Level Junior Suite (WOJ) - ocean view, 1st floor walkout patio, bldgs 1, 6, & 7.
- Bay House Oceanview Club Level Junior Suite (OJ) - ocean view, 2nd or 3rd floor balcony, bldgs 1, 4, 6, & 7.
- Bay House Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Junior Suite (HJS) - same as (OJ)
- Bay House Club Level Junior Suite (HJ) - garden view - 1st (walkout), 2nd or 3rd floor balcony, bldgs 4 & 7.
- Rooms - Club Level service, balcony or walkout patio.
- Bay House Oceanview Grande Luxe Walkout Club Level Room (WOL) - ocean view, 1st floor walkout patio, bldgs 1 thru 7.
- Bay House Oceanview Grande Luxe Club Level Room (OL) - ocean view, 2nd or 3rd floor balcony, bldgs 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7.
- Bay House Honeymoon Oceanview Grande Luxe Club Level Room (HOL) - same as (OL).
- Bay House Grande Luxe Walkout Club Level Room (WHL) - garden view, 1st floor walkout patio, bldgs 1, 3, 4, 6 & 7.
- Bay House Luxury Club Level Room (HL) - garden view, 2nd or 3rd floor balcony, bldgs 3,4,5,6 & 7.
1st Night Free on 3-night Stays
See Available Dates & Resorts
Sandals Emerald Bay
Located in the Bahamas Exumas and 10 minutes from the airport (GGT). Emerald Bay is known for its elegant quieter atmosphere, championship oceanfront golf, and largest spa among Sandals Resorts.
© DML Corporation
© DML Corporation
1-Mile Beach Stretch
© DML Corporation
© DML Corporation
Main Pool & Swim-up Bar
© DML Corporation
Sandals All-inclusive Includes: all meals, all drinks, anytime snacks, land/water sports, entertainment, complimentary wedding & honeymoon package, roundtrip airport transfers, tips, and taxes. More
Sandals Emerald Bay Facilities:
Fitness Center (air conditioned & 24-hours): exercise bikes - aerobic classes - aqua-fit classes - treadmills - elliptical machines - LifeFitness equipment - Universal Weights - stairclimbers - free weights
Landsports: tennis (day/night) - billiards - beach volleyball - shuffleboard - board games - table tennis - croquet - bocce ball - lawn chess
Watersports: kayaks - scuba - snorkeling - windsurfing - paddle boats - hobie cat sailing - hydrobikes
Wedding: beachfront, garden, and offshore wedding gazebos, multiple reception locations, full wedding services and options. 13,000 sq ft conference center.
Evening Activities: pub - piano - live bands - talent night - live shows - junkanoo beach party - dancing - theme parties - white night - late night chocolate buffet
Spa: ($) full service Red Lane spa services with both indoor and outdoor facilities. pilates studio, secluded gardens, and plunge pools.