Speak to a Vacation Expert!
Our travel specialists are available to answer any questions and help find the perfect vacation for you.
Snorkel/Scuba ● Kayak ● Deep Sea Fishing ● Catamaran Sailing ● Antiguan Experience ● Lord Nelson's Dockyard ● Jeep Safari ● Island Tours ● Eco Tours
Sandals unprecedented resort Butler Service, trained by The Guild of Professional English Butlers, and only available in the very highest level of suites, provides guests with an unimaginably supreme standard of service and luxury, where your every need is anticipated and also includes Club Sandals Concierge.
Club Sandals Concierge
offers additional arrival & personalized staff services, concierge lounge amenities, and other additional inclusions. Enjoy complimentary bar in your room restocked daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, and room service 7:30am-10pm (except Sandals Halcyon).
All Rooms & Suites
air conditioning, luxurious firnishings, solid mahogany king size bed, Egyptian cotton linens, refrigerator with soft drinks & bottle water. Hair dryer, telephone, iron & ironing board, bath & shower, digital in-room safe, Bellman service, clock radio, flat-screened LED TV with cable, and coffee maker with Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
Sandals Grande Antigua
Known as "the honeymoon capital of the world", Sandals Antigua features a
romantic atmosphere along with a theme of relaxation. Due to the resort's popularity, Sandals has
doubled the size of the resort by adding the new all-suite Mediterranean Village directly alongside
its classic traditional Caribbean Grove section. Along with large pools, the resort's beach which
overlooks Dickenson Bay is considered one of the finest within the Sandals brand. The resort's dining
and service is also among the best you will find. Featured accommodations include the romantic rondoval
villas, the ocean villa one bedroom suites, and the luxury penthouse suites of the Mediterranean Village.
Adding another dimension to the resort is a casino located directly next door along with a private
entrance way directly connected to the resort grounds.
Sandals Antigua (Official Website)
Location - Northwest corner of Antigua just outside of the capital St Johns and within 15 minutes of the V.C. Bird International Airport (ANU). Located directly on stretch of Dickenson Beach which is widely regarded as one of the finest Antigua beaches.
Atmosphere - One of Sandals larger resorts, guest can enjoy the intimate romantic garden walkways of the Caribbean section as well as the modern luxuries of the Mediterranean Village. Guests of all ages range from honeymooners to romantic couples getaways. The theme of this resort is enjoyment and relaxation.
Layout & Design - 373 rooms split between 2 sections - classic Caribbean Grove and the luxury all-suite Mediterranean Village. Both sections are directly connecting and located along the beach with western sunset exposures. Both areas have its own beach, pools, and restaurants with guests having full access to both areas. The Caribbean section is characterized by multiple smaller accommodation buildings, lush garden foliage, and strolling romantic walkways. The Mediterranean Village is newer construction with modern open design along with a 7 & 4-story accommodation buildings. The resort in general is flat with minimal inland inclines.
Sandals Antigua has 11 restaurants. Room Service included for Butler Service Suites (24-hour) and Club Level suites (7am-10pm).
- Bayside Restaurant (International) Sample Menu - primary restaurant with indoor & outdoor seating. Enjoy buffet breakfast and lunch along with made to order items. Dinner features international a la carte cuisine. No reservations, non-smoking, resort casual attire. Breakfast buffet 7:30-11am. Lunch buffet 12:30-2:30pm. Dinner 6:30-9:30pm. Caribbean Grove section.
- Mario's Restaurant (Italian) Sample menu - Indoor air-conditioned majestic setting with towering v-shaped glass roof. Resort casual attire for dinner, non-smoking, no reservations. Breakfast buffet 7:30-10:30am, Dinner a la carte 6:30-9:30pm. Mediterranean Village.
- Eleanor's (Caribbean) Sample Menu - Spiced Caribbean cuisine while overlooking the sea. Indoor & outdoor seating available. Resort evening attire, reservations required, non-smoking. Dinner 6-9:30pm. Caribbean Grove section.
- Barefoot By The Sea (Seafood) - open-air located directly on the sand with white-glove service. Resort casual, no reservations. Dinner 6-9:30pm. Open daily for lunch and snacks 11am-5pm. Mediterranean Village.
- Kimono's (Teppanyaki) Sample Menu - Fun atmosphere with dishes prepared at table. Indoor air-conditioned setting. Resort casual attire, non-smoking, reservations required. Dinner 6:15-9:30pm, closed Mondays. Caribbean Grove section.
- Bella Napoli Pizzeria (Pizza) Sample Menu - wood-oven pizza made to order throughout afternoon hours. No reservations, non-smoking, casual attire. Daily 11am-6pm. Mediterranean Village.
- OK Corral (Southwestern) Sample Menu - Open air setting overlooking the beach. Popular lunch items and late night snacks. Resort evening attire, non-smoking, reservations required. Breakfast 7:30-10:30am. Dinner 6-9:30pm. Caribbean Grove section.
- Courtyard Bistro (Grill) Sample Menu - Popular lunch items in open courtyard setting. No dress code, non-smoking, no reservations. Open 12-5pm. Caribbean Grove section.
- The Drunken Duck (British Pub Cuisine) Sample Menu - Casual air-conditioned authentic British pub serving favorite pub dishes and snacks. Non-smoking, no reservations. Lunch 12:30-3pm, resort casual. Dinner served 5-10pm, resort evening attire. Late night snacks 10pm-2am. Mediterranean Village.
- Soy (Sushi) Sample Menu - Located directly next to Kimono's. Casual attire, non-smoking, no reservations. Open 6:15-9:30pm. Caribbean Grove section.
- Cafe de Paris (French Patisserie) Sample Menu - Freshly baked pastries, gourmet espresso, ice cream, more. No dress code, non-smoking, no reservations. Open daily 7:30am-11:30pm.
- Sundowner Bar - 10:30am-11:30-pm
- Caribbean Swim-up Pool Bar - 10:30am-6pm
- Mediterranean Swim-up Pool Bar - 10:30am-6pm
- Kimono's Bar - 6:15pm-11pm
- Piano Bar - 6:30pm-2am
- The Drunken Duck - 5pm-2am
- Barefoot By the Sea - 11am-5pm, 6:30-9:30pm
Parties & Entertainment:
- General Manager's Cocktail Party - Mondays
- Caribbean Beach BBQ Party - Mondays
- Sandals Select Cocktails & Dinner - Tuesdays
- Guest & Staff Talent Show - Tuesdays
- Club Sandals Wine & Cheese Tasting - Wednesdays
- Island Romance - Wednesdays
- Butler's Cocktail Party - Thursdays
- Sandals Foundation Day - Thursdays
- Antigua & Barbuda Day - Fridays
- Antiguan Jam - Fridays
- Reggae Fest - Saturdays
- Club Sandals Cocktail Party - Sundays
- Latin Fiesta - Sundays
In addition, nightly shows with live entertainment, Karaoke in Drunken Duck Thursdays & Sundays 11pm-1am, Piano bar 6:30pm-2am, Weekly late-night chocolate buffet at Marios Courtyard.
6 pools and 6 whirlpools including the 15,000 sq ft Mediterranean Pool with swim-up bar. The beach runs the length of the resort covering both the Caribbean Grove and Mediterranean Village sections. Two Red Lane Spas (additional cost) featuring full array of services. Air-conditioned and fully equipped fitness center. Large conference center for both business and social events. Scuba dive & snorkeling boats and full range of water sports. Resort scuba certification & PADI Dive certification available at additional cost, night diving available. 4 day/night tennis courts. Additional land activities available such as beach volleyball and pool tables. Full schedule of nightly theme parties and evening entertainment throughout the week. Gift & retail shops located on property.
Rooms & suites are located in both the Caribbean Grove and Mediterranean Village sections.
Guests have full access to restaurants, pools, and facilities in both resort sections. All
accommodations with king bed, TV, refrigerator, and Sandals standard room inclusions.
Concierge & butler rooms with fully stocked complimentary bar
and WiFi service.
Room descriptions (Sandals Website)
Caribbean Grove Section (photos)
Characterized by romantic winding walkways and lush tropical garden foliage. Caribbean Grove section has 4 primary 2-story accommodation buildings and a series of smaller buildings, cottages, and the rondoval villas. None of the buildings in the Caribbean Grove section have elevators. This section has 5 smaller size pools of varying atmospheres along with a swim-up bar. The Caribbean Grove is the resort's original section and includes entry level and mid-tier concierge rooms as well as the high-end butler rondoval villa suites. Every room features handmade rugs and mahogany furnishings from Jamaica as well as travertine floor tiling. Constructed prior to current zoning laws, the Caribbean Grove section has several accommodations with very close beach proximity.
- Building 6 - Frangipani Building
- Building 7 - Flamboyant Building
- Buildings 8 - Beachfront Rondovals
- Buildings 9 - Garden Rondovals
- Building 10 - Ixoria Building
- Buildings 11 - Garden Cottages
- Building 12 - Oleander Building
- Buildings 13 - Hibiscus Buildings
- Buildings 15 - Paton Buildings
- Buildings 16 - Poinsettia Buildings
- (RP) Caribbean Honeymoon Butler Rondoval with Private Pool Sanctuary - Unique cylindrical villa with private patio area with plunge pool. These villas are placed in the romantic garden areas just steps from the beach. Butler, concierge, 24-hour room service. Located Rondoval Garden Villas (#9)
- (RD) Caribbean Beachfront Luxury Rondoval - Similar to (RP) but located directly along the beach. These rondovals do not have plunge pools. Located Rondoval Beachfront Villas (#8)
- (OHS) Caribbean Honeymoon Beachfront Butler Suite - Large Honeymoon Suites (no separate bedroom) with marble bathrooms including double vanity, whirlpool tub, and overhead rain shower. 42" plasma TV. Butler, concierge, 24-hour room service. Ocean views with very close beach proximity. Poinsettia Buildings (#16) ground floor with patio or 2nd floor with Balcony.
- (HS) Caribbean Honeymoon Seaside Butler Suite - same as (OHS) but set back further with garden views.
- (WGB) Caribbean Beachfront Grande Luxe Walkout Club Level Room - Mahogany furnishings, 42" flat screen TV. Marble bathroom with luxury hand held shower head. Concierge service. Located beachfront but beach is reached thru common walkway. Located ground floor Frangipani building (#6) with walkout patio onto grounds.
- (HWGB) Caribbean Honeymoon Beachfront Grande Luxe Club Level Room - same exact as (WGB)
- (GB) Caribbean Beachfront Grande Luxe Club Level Room - same exact as (WGB) but is 2nd floor with balcony.
- (HGB) Caribbean Honeymoon Beachfront Grande Luxe Club Level Room - same exact as (GB)
- (WJS) Caribbean Walkout Club Level Veranda Suite - large rooms with mahogany furnishings, bathroom with tub/shower. Concierge service. Ground floor with patio walkout to grounds. Views of the gardens and some with pool views. Located in the cottages (#11), Hibiscus Building (#11), Ixoria Building (#10), and the Patton Buildings (#15).
- (JS) Caribbean Club Level Veranda Suite - same exact as (WJS) but is 2nd floor with balcony.
- (WHL) Sunset Bluff Luxury Poolside Walkout Club Level Room - located in the higher elevated and quiet rear of the resort, these rooms feature patio with direct walkout to the Anthurium Pool and grounds. Mahogany furnishings and bathroom with tub/shower. Concierge service. Garden and pool views, located Anthurium Building (#24).
- (HL) Sunset Bluff Honeymoon Luxury Club Level Room - same as (WHL) but is 2nd floor with balcony.
- (WGL) Caribbean Honeymoon Grande Luxe Poolside Walkout Room - Room with separate sitting area, bathroom with marble basins and tub/shower. Garden and pool views. 1st floor Flamboyant Building (#7) with patio and direct access to Flamboyant Pool. Also, 1st floor Oleander Building (#12) with patio and direct access to Oleander Pool.
- (GL) Caribbean Grande Luxe Poolside Room - same room and buildings as (WGL) but 2nd floor with balcony.
- (HP) Caribbean Honeymoon Premium - room with mahogany furnishings, bathroom with tub/shower. Garden and pool views. Closest rooms to the Caribbean Grove pool and swim-up bar. Located in the 1-story Hibiscus Cottages (#13) with patio.
- (PR) Caribbean Premium - same exact as (HP)
- (HD) Caribbean Honeymoon Deluxe - room with mahogany furnishings, bathroom with tub/shower. Garden views. Ground floor Located in the 1-story Garden Cottages (#11) with patio.
- (DL) Caribbean Deluxe - same exact as (HD)
Mediterranean Village (photos)
Contemporary and modern, the Mediterranean Village is characterized by an open layout with perched up and set back accommodation buildings with views of the ocean across the pool area. At 15,000 sq ft, the pool is by far the largest pool at the resort. The Mediterranean Village is the newer and all-suite section with accommodations located within the 7-story Cypress Tower, the 4-story Almond Building, or series of the 1br villa suites with private plunge pools. The Cypress Tower and Almond Building both have elevators. All of the suites are custom designed using fine materials around the world including Italian floor tiling, Turkish drapery, bedding from Egypt, handmade rugs from India, and Italian upholstery & Giallo marble.
- Building 60 - Almond Building
- Building 61 - Cypress Tower
- Buildings 51 - northern villa 1br suites
- Building 5 - southern villa 1br suites
All suites with bathroom featuring twin basins, roman whirlpool tub, and separate walk-in rain shower. All have complimentary stocked bar. Each suite has 42" flat screen TV, 1BR suites have 42" flat screen TV's in both bedroom and living room. All suites with mahogany furnishings, sofa, a writing desk and a four-poster king-sized bed.
- (LV) Mediterranean One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary - Single unit individual villas with expansive private patio featuring pool and whirlpool. Butler, concierge, and 24-hour room service. Views of ocean, pool, and gardens. Located in areas both north and south of the Mediterranean Pool.
- (GA) Mediterranean Oceanview Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite - Penthouse units with best views of Mediterranean Village, Dickenson Bay, and sunsets. Both living room and bedroom lead out to oversized balcony with chaise lounges. Butler, concierge, and 24-hour room service. Views of ocean, pool, and gardens. Cypress Tower 7th floor.
- (PO) Mediterranean Honeymoon Romeo & Juliet Oceanview Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite - same exact as (GA) but 6th floor Cypress Tower or 4th floor Almond Building.
- (GO) Mediterranean Oceanview Grande Luxe Club Level Suite - very large suites with combined bedroom and living room. Sitting area has additional arm chairs. Concierge service. Views of ocean, pool, and gardens. Patio or balcony. Cypress Tower floors 1-7.
- (MO) Mediterranean Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Suite - Similar to (GO) but smaller in size and without the additional arm chairs. Concierge service. Views of ocean, pool, and gardens. Patio or balcony. Cypress Tower floors 4-7 or Almond Building floor 3.
- (PF) Mediterranean Walkout Club Level Suite - Similar to (MO) but ground floor with patio with walkout ability to the grounds. Concierge service, garden views. Floor 1 in both Cypress Tower and Almond Building.
- (VS) Mediterranean Club Level Suite - Similar to (MO) but ocean views are more partial. Concierge service. Almond Building floors 1-2, Cypress Tower floors 2-3. Two of these rooms are fitted for wheelchair access.
1st Night Free on 3-night Stays
See Available Dates & Resorts
Famous for honeymooners. Sandals Antigua is two resorts in one. Caribbean side is more intimate and tropical. The new all-suite Mediterranean Village includes all-suite buildings with views of the ocean across the property. Located approx 20 minutes from the airport (ANU). Casino located directly next door.
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
Rondoval villa with private pool
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
Luxury Suites & Private Pools
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
Caribbean Grove section
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
© Unique Vacations, Inc.
Sandals All-inclusive Includes: all meals, all drinks, anytime snacks, land/water sports, entertainment, complimentary wedding & honeymoon package, roundtrip airport transfers, tips, and taxes. More
Sandals Grande Antigua Facilities:
Fitness Center (air conditioned): Exercise bikes - leg curl - incline bench - stairmaster treadmill - leg extension - universal weight system
Landsports: volleyball - tennis (day/night) - bocce ball - land chess - pool tables - board games - table tennis - aerobics - darts
Watersports: kayaks - aqua trykes - scuba diving - wind surfing - snorkeling - hobie cat & sunfish sailing - Pedaloes
Wedding: Beachfront & garden wedding gazebos, multiple reception locations, full conference facility with ballrooms, full wedding services and options
Spa: ($) full service Red Lane spa services with both indoor and outdoor facilities